Sandy Murray Prize (Awarded for the best mark in Computer Architecture)
▣ Web Application Development ▣ Programming for Sciences and Engineering ▣ Modeling and Problem Solving for Computing ▣ Understanding Data ▣ Computer Architecture ▣ Object-Oriented Programming ▣ Mathematics for Computing Science ▣ Introduction to Data Management for Data Sciences ▣ An introduction to Space Science and Remote Sensing ▣ Human-Computer Interaction ▣ Modern Programming Languages ▣ Algorithmic Problem Solving ▣ Mathematics for Science.
• Founded the club in Aberdeen, recruited a core team and set up links with the University.
• Organized and presented bimonthly workshops on various technologies.
• Cooperated with other GDSC chapters and GDSC Leads around the world.
• Developed and maintained the society’s website and Minecraft server.
• Set up events such as hackathons, speaker sessions, workshops and socials.
• Cooperated with other university societies and the Student Union to run various events.
• Organized hackathons, and speaker events.
• Ensured that all the technical parts of the various events ran smoothly.
• Applied Apple's Swift development language to code one native app for iOS platform.
• Applied Java development language to code two native apps for Android platform.
• Complied with all Apple App Store and Google Play's guidelines to provide rapid approval and deployment to retail channels.
• Tested applications prior to final review to guarantee efficient issue resolution.
• Mobile Applications developed:
- Jogos do Futuro (Android & iOS)
- Festival Liberdade (Android)
▣ Algorithms and Programming Fundamentals ▣ Elements of Mathematics I ▣ Technical English ▣ Introduction to Web Programming ▣ Computational Logic ▣ Databases ▣ Elements of Mathematics II ▣ Forensic Computing ▣ Object-oriented Programming ▣ Web Programming ▣ Business Management and Organisational Behaviour ▣ Mobile Application Programming ▣ Service Integration and Programming ▣ Visual Programming ▣ Information Systems Project
• Developed and implemented a digital version of the List of Lights using ArcGIS and Oracle.
• Successfully implemented a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in the building.
• Developed an online shop using the CMS OCPortal.
• Aided in day-to-day problems, assisting other employees with technical problems.